Reply To: Revising the attributes and skills

Introduction Forums Workshops and Brainstorms Revising the attributes and skills Reply To: Revising the attributes and skills

Winston
Keymaster

Roll to hit, roll to defend.

Brawling is unarmed fighting. It can be specialized into areas like grappling, disarm, knockdown, etc. It is a Tier 2 trait under Strength.

Melee is weapon combat. It can be specialized into specific weapons. It is a Tier 2 trait under Strength.

Shooting ought to be setting specific, e.g. guns vs bows. It can be specialized for different weapons. It is a Tier 2 trait under Desxterity.

Throwing was overlooked, but it can a skill both for combat and general use. Outside of really specialized use like in sports, I don’t think it broad enough to have different specializations itself, though you certainly don’t throw a knife the way you throw a rock. I want to put knife throwing as a function of Melee-Knife and make Throwing a specialization of Strength-Athletics.

Dodge as a defense strikes me as a way to use other movement skills. I want to make it a specialization of Dexterity-Acrobatics or Dexterity-Stealth, or both. Two different types of dodge.

I want to treat parry the same way, making it a specialization of Melee, which would make blocking a specialization of Brawling.

A System Reference Document and Development Forum for OpenD6.